Wednesday, February 7, 2007

We used to swap shots between drinks or drinks between shots.

Last night was movie night at Mike's (the owner of Hifi) place with Jesse and Aria. We watched "The Big Sleep" (the original with Bogart and Bacall). I'd been wanting to see that since I read the book a few years back and Mike happened to have it. I'm actually going to let him borrow my copy of the book next week since he hadn't read it. The movie was pretty much excellent. Bogart played Marlowe pretty much spot on the way I'd imagined him while reading. My favorite lines from the book were pretty much all in the movie but they did change the ending some and edit a few scenes to make there more of a love connection between Vivian and Marlowe than there was in the book. Overall, I thought it was fantastic though.
After the movie, we all went over to Hifi together and had a few drinks and Mike, Jesse, Stephen (from the Scrabble game the other night) played a few games of pool while Aria spent most of her time on the phone. We grabbed a cab and dropped Mike off and then headed back to Brooklyn where we went to the Country Club for a while. Jesse and Aria ran around and took photo booths while I sat at the bar and chatted with Reggie and this guy George about horror movies. At one point Jesse shot me with a water gun. Then we went home and called it a night. I stayed out entirely too late though. Movie night is supposed to an early night but last night was definitely not. Good times though.

No comments: