Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A fortnight gone

Its been a couple weeks since I've posted on here and I can't really say that nothing has happened. Jesse left Monday morning for France and only returned this past Friday, but did so with all sorts of stories. Tuesday we watched "Network" for movie night at Mike's, and Friday night I went to see Ghostrider with Yale and went to Hifi afterwards. Brian and Lyndsey were there and Brian and I played pool most of the rest of the night. The following night we went to Willie's show at Maxwell's in Hoboken. It was a fantastic show. The band was spot on, Willie got me in for free and even got me free dinner, I finally got to see Marah live and they were a treat. Just a great time. It took us a while to get back to Brooklyn afterwards and we went to the Country Club for a bit but I didn't really enjoy myself there so I didn't stay too long.
Sunday night, Willie played another show, this time at Rockwood but again with the full Band. Liz and Tessa played prior to him and they were pretty fantastic. Willie then played a few songs solo and the drummer showed up right as he was bringing the rest of the band on stage. The show was at 1 in the morning on a Sunday night so we hadn't really expected many people but there was actually a decent turn out. I also got to see Khara and Brittney who I don't see regularly but they are always a treat.
The Monday night Living Room show, on the other hand, wasn't terribly exciting. Not a lot of people showed up but I guess that was just because of the two shows the nights before and the fact that Willie played at eight thirty which is a bit early for his crowd. Tuesday, we watched "Dog Day Afternoon" and Wednesday I went to Ash Wednesday Mass with Aria at St. Patrick's Cathedral in Midtown. The cathedral was beautiful but there were just so many people trying to get ashes that the set up of the service was very awkward. Still, I'm glad I got to go.
This past Friday, Jesse got home but was understandably too tired to do much of anything and Willie's mom was in town so he was spending time with her. So I went to Hifi on my own with the hope of playing a bit of pool like I had the week before. That didn't happen but Aria and some of her friends were also there for a while and after they left, I hung out with Nadir and Fozzie (I don't know how he actually spells his name) and I watched Thriller. Aria texted me kind of late in the night and I met up with her again at one of her friend's places. I stayed there for a bit but then just went home. I guess it was a decent night.
Saturday Yale came down and we hung out here for a while and played video games. Then around one we went to the country club and met up with Aria and basically the same friends I had seen the night before. Jesse showed up at some point as well as Daris and some of his friends. I actually enjoyed myself Saturday night which had been the first time I'd had fun at the Country Club in a couple weeks.
Sunday was a relaxing day during which Yale, Jesse and I went to see "Reno: 911" and then went to Hifi for a couple drinks and couple games of pool and a game of Scrabble with Stephen and Sean (I won based solely on the word "high" which was on both a double letter score and a triple word score). Monday night's Living Room show had a better turn out than the week before and even Thomas (one of the Country Club bartenders) showed up. Last night was movie night and we watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and I can say its been one of my favorite's yet. Mike definitely hasn't disappointed with his selection thus far. And that catches us up.

No comments: