Wednesday, January 9, 2008

grass poop

I mowed the grass for the first time today since we sold Two Trees back in 2003 (I think). While Jim was in town he had planned on firing the landscaper because they were doing a fairly weak job. He offered to buy a mower and take $150 a month off our rent if Kurt and I wanted to do the job ourselves so I immediately accepted. He also bought a lot of weed killer and sprayed the yard and told us if there were any other materials we needed to just say so. So I mowed today. I decided to do so because I still had an hour of daylight left and thought it hadn't rained all day. I was wrong. I had apparently missed the rain and didn't realize it. So the mowing was a bit rough and the clumps of wet grass the resulted felt like dog poop every time I stepped on one. I raked the front yard and if it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll rake the back then probably mow it again this weekend. Surprisingly, I'm actually looking forward to having a yard to mow again. Its nice to push a mower around, get a bit of low intensity exercise, and get in some self-reflection.

No comments: