Tuesday, January 8, 2008

breathe the pacific

My landlord came into town last night and showed Kurt and I a bit of the island today. I have to say, Jim is an amazing landlord. Apart from my mom (if you consider her a landlord from birth until about age 20) I've never had a landlord drive me around and show me the sights of a city, buy me a Christmas present and tell me that if we need anything around the house to send him the bill. We were going to try to get up to the Volcano but we didn't get to. We did, however get to see Rainbow Falls and the Boiling Pots which were pretty amazing sights. We also went to the Mauna Koa Macadamia Nut Factory where Jim's wife used to work. He said he'll be out to Kona again in February and we're going to try to get over there so he can take us scuba diving. I can't wait. Oh yeah, I also got to climb one of the most excellent climbing trees ever grown, as seen to the left.

Check it all out here. Just gotta get my Kentucky pics up now.

No comments: